Saturday, May 23, 2009

Request for help on INFO

Dear neighbours,

I am sure some of you know that this estate was once known as (and probably is still known for it now), 'Den of Beauties'... due to the many numbers of beautiful women who were kept here as mistresses here by Towkays..... and of course, we have a new generation of freelance beauties these days....

If you do recall info that has been printed - let us know? I have a query from Hui Lian - reproduced below.... and all leads will be appreciated!

--------------------------------------
I chanced upon your blog on Tiong Bahru Esate and I am very glad for your enthusiasm in sharing with the public on the charm of the estate, of which I am also fond of myself. I am currently working on my dissertation for my university and incidentally my topic is regarding SIT flats. I would like to know more about the description of the "den of beauties" attached to the flats, and as to where I can obtain more insight into this, how it began, what happened etc. Most sources I have seen merely quotes it as it being "rumoured" to house mistresses of the rich. And also is there any books or sources that I can refer to? Your help would very much be appreciated. Thanks!

Hui Lian

--------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. given the nightclubs centered around havelock area, there's no doubt there's woman of the night living in this estate due to the convenience. wish i could help you with the mistress part though there was an incident of which I witnessed, abt 2 yrs back, when the wife stopped the husband's car and started screaming and shouting. a mere few minutes later, there was a woman who quickly made her exit out of the car and kept on running. guess this is what you define as`mistress'

    ReplyDelete